How can you tell if you are working with a Gold? Watch for these 7 clues
We humans really can’t hide who we are, and if you know what traits to look for, you can get a really good sense of a person’s True Colors.
This quote by Benjamin Franklin is a motto that most Gold try to live by at home as well as work.
A place for everything and everything in its place
You know you are working with a Gold if they are:
- Organized: Take a look at their office or work space. You’ll notice they are comfortable with an orderly environment and they have a knack for knowing the most efficient place and method for storing or arranging things..
- Planners: They are good linear thinkers. One thing leads to another and often use tools like checklists and Gantt charts to keep things on track.
- All about the rules: They are sticklers for rules, and can become ‘prickly’ when others interpret rules as ‘guidelines’. E.g., the meeting starts at 8 am. not 8 ish.
- Punctual: Pay attention to obvious signs of irritation when others are late – e.g., clock watching, encouraging the meeting to start on time, even though everyone hasn’t arrived, and comments about tardiness.
- Detail Oriented: They will notice things that others just can’t see.
- Like structure: Don’t invite them to a meeting without an agenda. They need to know what will be addressed in advance so they can be prepared. They also will expect you to follow the agenda.
- Conscientious: They will do what it takes to get the job done, and will be hard on themselves if they fail to follow through.
Now test your True Colors knowledge by taking our True Colors quizzes on our Resources page